Ryedale District Council urges citizens to stick to the COVID guidelines
Ryedale will be in tier 2 when the national lockdown ends and the District Council is urging citizens to help keep the R rate low by sticking to the COVID guidelines.
Councillor Keane Duncan, Leader of Ryedale District Council, said: “The Tier 2 restrictions will be a bitter blow for the hardworking and law-abiding residents of our district, especially as our infection rate has consistently remained amongst the lowest in Yorkshire.
“With Ryedale’s economy heavily dependent on retail, hospitality and tourism, the economic impact is likely to be particularly acute. Shops are reporting significantly reduced trade, while some pubs and restaurants face collapse.
“Our priority, therefore, must be to move into Tier 1 at the earliest opportunity. That is what I am calling for and what we all need to work together to achieve over the coming weeks.
“Meanwhile, our efforts as a council to support those in need continue. Our stellar team of officers have been working around-the-clock to get business grant funding out of the door and to offer support to our citizens. And that work won’t stop.
“We’re all in this together and I offer my sincere thanks to everyone in Ryedale for continuing to stick to the COVID-19 guidance and for playing their part.”
From 2 December, citizens in Ryedale and other tier 2 areas:
- Must not socialise with anyone they do not live with or who is not in their support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place
- Must not socialise in a group of more than 6 people outside, including in a garden or a public space – this is called the ‘rule of 6’
- Must continue to follow tier 2 rules when they travel to a tier 1 area. Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities. Travel through a tier 3 area is allowed as part of a longer journey
- For full details of tier 2 restrictions for citizens visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/full-list-of-local-restriction-tiers-by-area
- For full details of the impact on businesses in Ryedale and details of what can and can’t open, visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-restriction-tiers-what-you-need-to-know
If any citizen or business needs support because of the pact of COVID-19, help is available. Full details are here: www.ryedale.gov.uk/covid-19-2020/2570-prevent-covid