Car parking charges were suspended from 9 April and reinstated on 6 June, so the offer of a two-month permit extension is available for existing permit holders wishing to request this. This will cover the period for which charges were suspended.
Cllr Keane Duncan, Leader of Ryedale District Council said:
“A number of citizens got in touch with us, asking about the car parking permits and we’re delighted to be able to offer an extension to current permit holders. This is another way we can support lives and livelihoods during the current pandemic. We hope it encourages people to use the car parks, our market towns and local businesses safely once again, to shop local and save jobs.”
Car parking permits are purchased year-round for both short stay and long stay car parks, and are available for 3, 6 or 12 months.
Ryedale residents who currently own a paid-for car parking permit:
- Can request a permit extension online by going to https://www.ryedale.gov.uk/environment/parking.html and filling in a form.
- The details provided will be crosschecked against data held by Ryedale District Council.
- Permit expiration dates will be extended by the length of time car parking charges were suspended for – from 9 April to 5 June.
- A new permit will be issued within five working days of the application being made.
- If citizens don’t have access to the Internet to complete a form, they can call 01653 600666 and customer services will be able to assist.