Garden waste subscriptions are open - keep your plastic bin tag if you're renewing!
Subscriptions to Ryedale District Council’s garden waste service for the year 2021/2022 are now
The price for the service remains at just £38 per garden waste bin for the collections for the period 1
April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Residents are reminded of an important change this year, as part of Ryedale District Council’s
commitment to deliver its Council Plan key aim to keep the environment sustainable, safe and clean.
New plastic bin tag licences will no longer automatically be sent out to citizens who renew their
garden waste subscriptions every year which will remove approximately 12,000 bin tags from the
Beckie Bennett, Head of Waste and Environment for Ryedale District Council explained:
"Our message to citizens is to keep their current bin tags attached to their bin and this will help us
reduce the amount of plastic waste put into the environment. However, don’t worry if your plastic
licence tag is lost or damaged, we’re also committed to delivering the best service possible and will
replace a plastic licence tag if that’s what has happened. Subscribe as normal, let us know and we
will replace lost/damaged tags.
“We hope citizens support the change to the service and ask them to look out for their reminder
letter early in March. All they’ll need for our teams to collect their garden waste is a current
subscription and a plastic licence tag attached to their bin. A receipt will be issued as part of the
renewal process as proof of purchase.”
New plastic tags will be issued to new customers or customers wanting additional bins.
Ryedale District Council has sent out renewal letters to current subscribers reminding them to keep
their current bin tag licence attached to the bin. Subscriptions can be renewed by going to
www.ryedale.gov.uk, by phoning 0800 035 1566 or visiting the Post Office or other outlets displaying
the Pay Point sign.
If a citizen doesn’t want to re-subscribe to the service, their collections will stop from 31 March 2021
and they will need to compost garden waste at home, or take it to a local Household Waste
The garden waste service for 2020/21 has resumed with collections for that year’s subscriptions
stopping on 31 March 2021. Citizens can check their bin day here:
Notes to editors
Citizens won’t get a letter of confirmation explaining the terms and conditions. These are on the website.
2021/2022 Terms & Conditions
- The garden waste subscription entitles you to use the fortnightly garden waste service from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022. It is not an entitlement to a specific number of collections
- Subscriptions made after 1 April 2021 may not be guaranteed
- Please note - The garden waste service is not affected by Bank Holiday Mondays However, Good Friday, 2 April collection will be collected on Saturday 3 April instead.
- The Council reserves the right to cancel collections in the event of severe weather
- Collections will be suspended for the winter months of December, January and February
- Wheeled bins remain the property of the Council
- No refunds will be given
- The licence is non-transferable and only valid for the property for which it was originally purchased. For residents who are moving within Ryedale, please contact us for advice regarding your garden waste subscription
- The Council accepts no liability for lost, damaged or stolen licences or bins. If your licence is lost, broken or stolen complete the online form or contact us on (01653) 600666
- Your collection day may change. If this happens you will receive prior notification
- Please do not destroy or remove the current green licence from your bin. New licences will not be issued unless lost or damaged
- Each brown bin presented for collection must have a green licence tag attached