Council appointments made for final months of Ryedale District Council
A number of key appointments were made at the annual meeting of Council on Thursday 19 May 2022.
Those appointed will serve until 31 March 2023 which is the last day Ryedale District Council will exist. The new unitary council – North Yorkshire Council will launch on 1 April 2023.
- There is no Leader or Deputy Leader of Council
- Chair of Council = Cllr Clive Wass (Liberal)
- Vice Chair of Council = Cllr Janet Frank (Independent for Ryedale)
- Chair of Policy and Resources = Cllr Di Keal (Liberal Democrat & Independent Group)
- Vice Chair of Policy and Resources = Cllr Tony Riby (Independent)
- Chair of Overview and Scrutiny = Cllr Tracie Middleton (Liberal Democrat & Independent Group)
- Vice Chair of Overview and Scrutiny = Cllr Carrie-Anne Brackstone (Liberal)
- Chair of Planning = Cllr Mike Potter (Liberal)
- Vice Chair of Planning = Cllr Michael Cleary (Conservative)
Cllr Di Keal, Chair of Policy & Resources Committee of Ryedale District Council:
“Those voted in to these key positions on Ryedale District Council will continue to work hard to do what’s right for the residents of Ryedale. We are dedicated to making the last ten months count.”
Cllr Janet Frank, Vice-Chair of Ryedale District Council:
"We hope the final year of the Council is a success, it is important to deliver the projects that have been started in Ryedale for its residents whilst the District Council is still a Council".